Fiverr, Fivvr, Fiveer, Fiverrr, it might be difficult to spell but how reliable is the service?
How much time do you spend looking for the right employee? From finding candidates to shortlisting them from time to time, you go through a tedious process to fill up one of your seats. However, have you considered outsourcing the job instead? You can have just one individual doing your job remotely at a much lesser cost and greater experience. One such place where you can find him/her is Fiverr.
Fiverr is a good platform designed to reach out to freelancers and professionals. It promotes individual talent and makes it simpler for businesses who need quality work at a reasonable rate. You’ll find plenty of freelancers specializing in some or the other field. So, how do you know which one should you choose?
Now, there are these low-cost gigs (will talk about it later) – including the ones that have a 5-star rating. They may end up hurting your business or might even help upscale it. It is quite simple and easy to become a seller on Fiverr. Thus, you’ll end up looking at a vast variety of freelancers here – from freshers to highly experienced professionals.
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a digital platform that has been developed for freelancers (enabled an online marketplace) where you can buy and sell intangible services. Presently, it is one of the world’s largest web marketplaces that provides a humongous range of digital services that has a total database of more than 3 million gigs which is huge in itself. Fiverr was established in the year 2010 and is now a decade old.
So, are you a business owner who is working around the clock or you are rushing in order to complete a project or an entrepreneur on-the-go? If yes, then Fiverr is your go-to place for all your requirements irrespective of how small or big they are.
You can now get instant access to a diversity of global network of aced level and quality freelancers, thus finding everything that you need to start, grow, build or promote your business. Fiverr is the world’s most affordable platform and easy to reach out to prospective talents. This enables many freelancers and entrepreneurs from all over the globe to start doing, growing and eventually succeeding in business.
Geographical boundaries, time gap between two countries and budget challenges are no longer barriers to effective and quality of work. Now, with Fiverr being available even on mobile app, you can get connected no matter where you are, or what you are doing for that matter.
How Does It Work?
If you are wondering how does this platform works, then let me tell you that Fiverr works just like any other marketplace that you have known. Herein, sellers list their services (which are referred to as gigs). Correspondingly, buyers who are interested in their services ask questions accordingly. If they are satisfied with the answers and their work, they avail their services.
Fiverr acts like a middleman that sees to the fact that both parties involved are happy with the end result they have received. In exchange for this service, Fiverr withholds 5-20% of every transaction that takes place on the platform. However, the good news for you is that this commission is taken from the freelancer, not you. The exchange is said to be completed after seller has delivered the gig or the service so demanded for and the buyer confirms the receipt or the delivery of the same.
Subsequently, Fiverr will pay the seller within a maximum of 2 weeks (you can expect faster transfer of money if you are a trusted or an old member on the platform). Signing up for Fiverr is absolutely free of cost. There are no registration charges in order to host your services.
Only registered users can buy and sell on Fiverr, for which you will need to provide your contact number and email address. When you sign up, your account will be that of a buyer account. And almost anyone can find something that can be sold on Fiverr because there is something for everyone on the dynamic platform.
You can browse through the various categories available across multiple departments. Furthermore, you can also look at how sellers offer their services, what is their quality of work, how skilled they are and if that matches with your requirements or not.
These are some variables amongst many other factors that will serve as a screening opportunity for you and then decide how you want to choose your seller. Point to be noted here is that the best sellers don’t leave room for misunderstandings. For example:
- Make sure your seller’s profile is up-to-date and complete in all aspects.
- Also, see to it that the Gigs are well written, well-constructed and describe all the services that you need in absolute details.
- When you talk to him, he provides you with samples or his portfolio, exhibiting his skills and past work.
What Are Fiverr Gigs and How Much do They Cost?
As mentioned earlier, Fiverr gigs are nothing but the services that have been offered to you by the sellers (or the freelancers) on the Fiverr portal. The gig price varies from $5 to $10,000 depending on the type of work and its critical aspects. Even though most gigs cost only $5, you can usually see that they follow the idea of upselling for extra and better-quality services.
You may note that most gigs fall under one of these categories:
- Graphics & Design
- Digital Marketing
- Writing & Translation
- Video & Animation
- Music & Audio
- Programming & Tech
Who Are the Freelancers Available on Fiverr?
You can now make you choice from thousands of freelancers from a 116 different versions of service categories such as:
• Digital marketing, SEO, SMM, virtual assistants and social media marketing
• Programming services, HTML website creation & mobile app development and WordPress Bug fixing
• Logo design, website design and animations for both web & mobile videos
• Translations into languages, blog and article writing (with keyword research), content creation, proofreading & editing
• Flyers, banners, voice-overs, packshot, bespoke invitations and jingles
• Business promotion & planning, financial strategies and branding
You name it and the service is hosted on Fiverr
Fiverr is a world full of creative ideas and service generation right at your fingertips. Simply get your projects delivered on time & well within your budget.
• Find your next freelancer in a micro-moment, simply by swiping and tapping.
• Read the talented freelancers’ ratings and customer reviews from people who have already used their services to pick the perfect match for your project.
• Enjoy open communication on all fronts, at all times of the day, week and month.
• Hire whenever you are ready and sure.
What Are the Benefits of Using Fiverr?
Your freelancer-finding efforts have now become simplified. It comes with a lot of benefits, namely:
• It comes with streamlined searching capabilities: you get to choose from thousands of forward-thinking, passionate creative freelancers from 120 different creative service categories.
• It lets you discover raw talent and forge inter-global partnerships.
• Provides you with push notifications to make sure you stay on top of projects.
• They send regular inbox notifications that seeks to keep you on the ball while you’re on-the-go.
• The platform provides 24/7/365 communication between the buyers & sellers.
• Comes with a unique mobile-only features that are nowhere found on website.
Pros and Cons
Now that we know in detail how Fiverr really works; we can figure out the various pros and cons of the platform.
- You will get a chance to work with professionals specializing in various fields for your projects.
- It provides you with professional quality work at a very reasonable rate, costing way lesser than a full-time employee.
- Their website portal is super easy to navigate, surf and reach out to talents.
- Fiverr will surely provide you with a helping hand to carry out your operations or execute your projects. All you need is trust on the portal and give it some time to pick.
- Your money is totally safe when you’re working through Fiverr. It won’t reach the freelancer till you are satisfied. So, if you haven’t received your work, you can claim your money back from the platform easily.
- You can discover individual talents all across the globe and can work with anyone you find suitable.
- Fluctuating price points can be of concern to new members on the platform.
- The gigs are quite specific and your requirement may be completely different from what is specified there.
- As a buyer, you can only search for professionals but you can’t post your own requirement and invite freelancers to come to you.
- Fiverr lists the professionals based on their review or how active the sellers are. Thus, there are chances you may miss out on some good profiles for technical reasons.
- Scams are getting increasingly associated with the brand name as more and more people are joining in.
Fiverr is not like Uber or Zomato, where matches are random. You need to find your own match here, which will pretty much involve more than just looking at profiles. Fiverr helps you with the basic search, but you are the one who makes the final call on who should work for you.
Even though you won’t take days to find your guy here, it is pretty much your hard work to find the right one for the job. What you really get is plenty of opportunities and options to check out.
Fiverr is a legit website with a very large number of amazing services provided by reputable professionals. Like everywhere else, not everyone on Fiverr is a pleasure to work with and the work can get hectic, or tedious at times.
Some of the freelancers might just suck the blood out of you. However, the majority of the Fiverr community consists of decent people who are professional and are going to provide you with good services for their buyers’ online businesses.
I highly recommend relying on your experience, gut and knowledge when it comes to ordering any sort of gig for your business. Since there’s no added cost for you and let’s face it the gigs are pretty cheap, it’s an opportunity you cannot close the door on.
So, do sign up on Fiverr and explore the creativity, expertise and talent that exists in the world. Talk to them and you’ll know if you made the right choice coming to this platform.